Romhacks.org (hereafter referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. We are committed to complying with the DMCA and other applicable laws. We adopt a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances, users who are repeat infringers. We may also, at our sole discretion, limit access to the Site and/or terminate the accounts of any users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Copyright Infringement Notification
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit your notification through our contact form, ensuring to indicate “DMCA” in the subject line. The notification should include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that your material has been removed by mistake or misidentification, please submit a counter-notification through our contact form with “DMCA” in the subject line. The counter-notification should contain the following information:
- Your physical or electronic signature.
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court for [judicial district where your address is located], and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by us, we may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing that person that it may replace the removed material or cease disabling it in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member, or user, the removed material may be replaced or access to it restored in 10 to 20 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice, at our discretion.
Modifications to Policy
We reserve the right to modify the provisions of this DMCA notice and our copyright policy at any time. Such modifications will be effective immediately upon posting on the site.