An experimental hack of Sonic Crackers with no particular goal. Fix things, add things, whatever I'd like.
- Ports of Chaotix music for new songs
- Sound effects!
- Ported the SDK fading routine (used in the classics, looks like a blue fade)
- A bit more advanced title screen graphic
- Replaced the Crackers SEGA screen with the standard SDK SEGA screen to save on ROM space
- Actual title card text!
- Chaotix control scheme ported:
- C to jump
- B to grab the partner, or hold the partner in place
- A to summon partner to the player's position
- Fixed jump code
- Jumping off of slopes when facing left now acts the same as jumping off of slopes when facing right.
- Added rings (and a counter)
- Added monitors that explode upon contact with the top, with a ring popping out of it
- Added a goal object to touch at the end of a level instead of being hard-coded to a certain point.
- Level ports of Isolated Island from Chaotix and Planet Flora from Ristar
And many more smaller things that may not be worth noting yet.
The source code is available at the Release Site section.